Maintaining and caring for your upholstery will save you money in the long run. Here are some tips from Destin Premier Carpet Cleaning on helping you preserve your upholstery:
– The life of your upholstery will initially depend on the type of fabric you choose. If you are in a position where you can make it easier on yourself, do so. Choose a fabric that is durable, lasts long, and is easy to clean. Good fabric will make a whole difference on how soon you will need to replace them.
– The best way to prevent stains is to protect your fabric with a fabric spray. Scotchgard is a great protectant spray for your upholstery to help repel stains.
– A simple trick to elongate your upholstery’s life is to turn the cushions. Turning the cushions will ease the daily abuse and will lengthen the time in between when you need to get them cleaned.
– Vacuuming is another simple task that should be done at least two to three times a week. Doing so will minimize the dust and food crumbs (we know you snack on your couch, we all do!) that fall in between the cushions and potentially stain the fabric.
– Another tip is to keep up with spot cleaning. Spot cleaning your upholstery, as needed, will keep it looking new.
– Pollutant and sunlight is another factor that age your upholstery. Keeping up with vacuuming should help with the pollutants. As for the sunlight, consider investing in great window treatments to help ease the direct heat and potential damage from the sun.
– Lastly, when all else fails, call the professionals at Destin Premier. We will take care of your upholstery. Getting the upholstery cleaned will not only leave it looking newer but it will also improve the state of health in your home by getting rid of pollutants embedded in them.
We hope these tips will help you keep your upholstery looking new and clean! If you have any questions about our upholstery cleaning service, give our professionals from Destin Premier Carpet Cleaning a call.